Today's Everyday Event is a spectacular birthday carnival for a 2 year old girl, Kendall.
My friend, Kelly Balfour, owner of the Houston based wedding planning company, Eventology Weddings
set the fun-filled stage for her family and friends to celebrate the birthday of her daughter.
As you can tell, there were many many fabulous details to the day! While I couldn't picture them all here, some of highlights included:
- A custom built ticket booth where the children were given tickets to the games as well as bags to carry the trinkets they would win at the games. The booth was built by an ebay seller!
- The carnival banner came from Pottery Barn Kids which currently, I might add, has their carnival party ideas on clearance!
- Kelly rented a hot dog cart from a local party rental company. She served chili and cheese in crockpots to go with the hot dogs along with chips. Big hit!
- Cotton Candy in baskets were given to adults to take as they left while the children were given beautiful custom sugar cookies.
- The children's party favors were plastic popcorn tubs that most times you can find at the dollar store.They were filled with yellow gift basket shred (i.e. popcorn!), an individual bag of cotton candy, a kazoo, silly straw, plastic maracca, whirly pop and balloon on a string.
- Plenty of great children's carnival games! A couple I've shown here were the "potty toss" and "duck pond". Easy to win games for children where they won small trinkets you can get at any party or dollar store.
- And finally, one of my favorite details - the popcorn cupcakes!!! These are so easy anyone can pull them off! Make your favorite flavor cupcake and ice them with WHITE icing. Stick mini marshmellows in them to represent the popcorn and spray paint with Wilton's Color Mist (found at Michael's or most places where cake decorating supplies are sold.) Here's what you're looking for:
Print out cute striped labels on your home computer and glue them to the base of the cupcakes and you're done! Super cute cupcakes that will wow your guests!
Carnival themes, while a bit time consuming to pull it off with all the details shown here, can always be created at whatever level your budget and time constraints allow.
Sidenote: If you're in the need of a party planning, specifically weddings, give Kelly a call. Kelly was recently named Best Event Planner in Houston by The Knot Magazine which is a huge compliment! And as you can see here, she earns her title! Congrats, Kelly!
Event photos by Monkey Tree Photography
in the Houston/Galveston area.