This is still one of my most popular posts even 2 years later. It gets tons of traffic all year long. Bumping it to the top just in time for Easter.
Creative take on the easter egg "ornament" from Crafts for all Seasons
Here's how to make them:
- small balloons
- embroidery floss
- a fabric stiffener such as Stiffy
1. Blow up balloons and tie off. Make them small to realistically resemble eggs.
2. Cut your floss in long lengths. About 2 feet.
3. Pour the stiffener into a small bowl.
4. Dip the floss into the stiffener and soak. Pull each length out and get rid of the excess by running the floss through your fingers.
5. Wrap the floss around the egg. Make crisscross patterns and cover it until it looks how you'd like. Don't be afraid to use different colors on one egg.
6. Tie the string to the knot. Hang them to dry overnight. They need to be thoroughly dry.
7. After it is completely dry, pop the balloon with the pin. Gently pull the balloon out through an opening in the floss.
Eggs can be hung or displayed in baskets, centerpieces, etc.